- To preserve records of current theatrical process and product for future generations.
- To employ theatre legacy to develop theatres’ fiscal health and support new work.
- To promote a better understanding of theatre as a vital element of cultural history.
- To encourage scholarly research in contemporary American theatre.
- To increase funding for establishing and maintaining theatre archives.
- To support collaborations among theatre archivists, dramaturgs, and scholars.
Interested in theatre archives but don't know where to start? Download this brief introduction!
After three years of development by ATAP archivists and documentarians, we are pleased to share the first edition of Preserving Theatrical Legacy: An Archiving Manual for Theatre Companies. Download the free PDF and spread the word!