The work of the American Theatre Archive Project depends on the generous contributions of our supporters. Thank you for considering a donation to the American Theatre Archive Project.
ATAP is a public-service initiative of the American Society for Theatre Research (ASTR). If you would like to support ATAP, please consider
- making a contribution on ASTR’s website (designating ATAP in the comment box), or
- sending a check payable to ASTR (designated as a contribution for ATAP) to the following address:
1000 Westgate Drive, #252
St. Paul, MN 55114
ASTR is a registered non-profit organization, and all contributions are tax-deductible (Tax ID #11-6110103).
Don’t forget to see if your (or your spouse’s) employer offers a matching donation program to double your gift. Thank you for helping to preserve the legacy of the American theatre.
How Your Contributions Support American Theatre
Established in 2009, the American Theatre Archive Project (ATAP) is an ASTR initiative that supports theatre makers in archiving records of their work for the benefit of artists, scholars, patrons, and the public. To date, ATAP-assisted companies include ArtsWest, Atlantic Theater Company, the Baltimore Theatre Project, Book-It Repertory Theatre, Cherry Lane Theatre, HERE, Jobsite Theatre, New York Theatre Workshop, Rude Mechs, Seattle Shakespeare Company, Teatro Vivo, and ZACH Theatre. We invite your support as we continue our mission to preserve the legacy of the American theatre.
Our free guide, Preserving Theatrical Legacy: An Archiving Manual for Theatre Companies, has been consulted by dozens of performing arts companies here and abroad. ATAP currently has active teams across the country including Austin, Baltimore, Boston, New York, North Carolina, Northwest (Seattle), and Philadelphia, with additional activity in Florida, the Gulf Coast, Illinois, Ohio, Minnesota, and New Mexico. In the coming years, we intend to establish new teams and reinforce existing teams as the annual ASTR-TLA conference travels the country.
ASTR’s FY2016 administrative budget for ATAP was $5700, the majority of which had to be raised through donations. The following are some ways ATAP will use donated funds in the coming year:
- $50 will fund a week of administrative assistance routing requests from artists and theatre organizations to ATAP committee members and regional teams.
- $75 will fund a one-day registration for an ATAP workshop participant to attend the annual ASTR-TLA conference.
- $250 will fund our trademark and website hosting for six months; the ATAP website is the primary point of contact for archivists, artists, scholars, and theatre artists who wish to learn more about ATAP.
- $500 will fund a travel honorarium for the ATAP graduate assistant to attend the ASTR-TLA conference.
- $1000 will fund the ATAP Initiation Program for one theatre company.
Please show your support by helping us spread the word about ATAP and by making a contribution today.